Valentine’s Day Special
The year’s most romantic day is just around the corner.
Give your special someone the gift of sparkle.
Don’t wait, shop our selection of stunning jewelry now and save up to 70% off.
Cushion Moissanite Rings Near Minneapolis, MN
Venazia is the most famous brand when it comes to fine cushion moissanite rings in the country. All our products are handmade in the US by the finest and most talented jewelers.
Most of our cushion moissanite rings are available either at our Minneapolis store or ready to be shipped overnight from our US head office.
Venazia has a team of consultants accessible for a one-on-one complimentary consultation in order to help you with your decision based on your criteria.
Here is a quick guide that will walk you trough the various steps you need to take to shop for the finest cushion moissanite ring.
Does Moissanite Make a Good Engagement Ring?
If you are wondering if moissanite is the right choice for an engagement ring in Minneapolis, MN, then you can rest assured that a cushion moissanite ring is surely perfectly suitable.
Know the reasons why so many people chose moissanite over diamonds for an engagement ring in 2023.
What is Moissanite?
Moissanite is a natural mineral called silicon carbide, discovered in 1893 in a meteor crater in Arizona by Dr. Henry Moissan.
Several years later, in a research laboratory, scientists have created the innovative process that creates silicon carbide crystals with such purity that they can compete any natural gemstone.
It's also way more cheaper than diamonds of identical shapes and sizes, costing about 10% of the price. This is why moissanite is known as the best diamond alternative.
Click here to get more information about moissanite.
What is the difference between a diamond and a moissanite?
The major distinction between diamonds and moissanite is how they glitter. Moissanite has a higher refractive index than diamond. Moissanite has a refractive index of 2.65 versus 2.42 for diamonds. This means it will give you more shine than a diamond.
You will find below a characteristic comparison table between diamonds and moissanite.
Characteristics Diamond Moissanite Brilliance Refraction Index (RI) 2.42 2.65-2.69 Fire Dispersion 0.044 0.104 Hardness Mohs Scales 10 9.5 Toughness Good to Excellent Excellent
Are moissanite rings tacky?
Moissanite rings are by no means tacky looking. Moissanite ranks 9.50 on the Mohs Hardness Scale (when diamond ranks 10), which means a moissanite ring is extremely durable and ideal for daily wear.
Does moissanite lose its shine?
Moissanite will not lose its sparkle over time. It is as stable as a diamond. Hence it is impossible for a cushion moissanite ring to fade or alter the color over time.
Do moissanite rings last permanently?
Moissanite is a stunning gemstone that is virtually as hard as a diamond. Moissanite, just like diamonds, will last permanently.
Are moissanite rings scratch easily?
The MOH scale has a range from 0 to 10, with 10 being the hardest mineral. Moissanite has a hardness of 9.5, while diamonds have a hardness of 10. This means that moissanite is very durable and extremely resistant to scratching and abrasion.
7 Majors Pros and Cons About Cushion Moissanite Ring
- Moissanite will provide you with a spectacular sparkle. Moissanite has an even higher refractive index than diamond (2.65 vs 2.42 for diamonds). This means it will give you more shine than diamonds.
- Moissanite Is Comparable to Diamonds in Hardness. Moissanite is the hardest stone after diamonds (9.5 vs 10 for diamonds). This indicates moissanite is suitable for daily wear, does not break or scratch easily, and will maintain his sparkle.
- Moissanite is a fraction of the price of diamonds at comparable color, cut, and clarity. Because it is so similar to diamonds, moissanite is the perfect diamond alternative without the diamond price tag.
- Moissanite is an ethical choice compared to most diamonds. One of the most common reasons for consumers to choose moissanite over diamonds nowadays is to help in the fight against child labor and unethical diamond mining, as described by the International Labour Organization here.
- Moissanite does not offer the same heirloom quality. When you own diamond jewelry, you are passing down something valuable as a heritage.
- People may make comments thinking your cushion moissanite ring is diamond Because no one can see a difference between moissanite and diamond, people could make comments about the price and the size of your cushion moissanite ring and you may feel uncomfortable about it.
- Some old-fashion jewelers who may not feel comfortable working on your cushion moissanite ring If at some point you need to have your cushion moissanite ring adjusted or cleaned, you may bump into an old-school jeweler that would turn you down because your piece is not a diamond. This is happening less and less though, since nowadays more and more jewelers are use to work with moissanite.
Discover Our Cushion Moissanite Rings Collection In Minneapolis, MN
Custom Design Your Cushion Moissanite Rings Around Minneapolis, MN
If you can't find the exact engagement ring that you are looking for or you have an idea in mind, then custom design your cushion moissanite ring is the way to go.
In virtually no time, our specialists in Minneapolis, MN will walk you through each stage of making your one-of-a-kind cushion moissanite ring.
Tips To Customize Your Cushion Moissanite Ring
The custom design process is much simpler than you think. Please call us to discuss your design; we'll tell you what we'll need to make your project a reality.
Gather information and details about the custom engagement ring design:
- Put on paper a basic drawing of your idea.
- Look for sketches elements on the internet.
- Look for pictures that strike your eyes to further explain your desired style.
- Post your design here, we will examine and we get back to you with our feedback.
The more specific you can be with your ideas, the more likely you are to get exactly the design you want.
4 Steps To Customize Your Cushion Moissanite Ring in Minneapolis, MN
Reception of your design.
Our designers will verify your concept and will give you an estimate.
Creation of your desired cushion moissanite ring.
Our designers will personalize a 3D digital model and will prepare a full-color illustration, which is a picture created using computer-aided design, or CAD.
Once you receive the CAD illustration of your custom cushion moissanite ring, you will be able to give inputs and shift directions if it’s not what you expected or wanted.
Creation of your engagement ring.
Once approved, we will personalize a wax version of your cushion moissanite ring using 3D printers,
Our jewelers will prepare your cushion moissanite ring in no time.
Ask our team of specialists to help you
Which Style and Setting to Pick for A Cushion Moissanite Ring?
There is a distinction to be made between styles and settings when selecting an engagement ring.
The 3 Major Styles Of Engagement Rings
Three Stone ring
The most classic and traditional engagement ring. Featuring one center stone on a simple band to optimize the sparkle, brilliance, and fire of your ring.
Our Minneapolis, MN location has the best marvelous selection of solitaire engagement rings.
The center stone is surrounded by small gemstones. It increase the sparkle and give an effect of a larger center stone.
We offer the most extensive panel of halo engagement rings in Minneapolis, MN.
Symbolize your past, present, and future together. The center stone, usually larger, is set higher than the side gemstones to give more depth to the engagement ring.
Talk to our consultant in Minneapolis about three stone engagement rings.
The Different Settings Of Engagement Rings
Setting refers to how gemstones are set into a metal band.The purpose of a ring setting is to enhance the elegance of an engagement ring.
Slim metal arms secure the diamond at the girdle in the prong setting.
In the pavé setting, the surface appears to be paved with diamonds set closely together.
The channel setting features diamonds set within two parallel walls of metal inside the band.
Request assistance from our team of consultants, who will provide you with all of the information you want.
Get A Free Consultation With One Of Our Expert In Minneapolis, MN
Do not hesitate to contact us and get a live assistance from a jewelry expert or customer service.
Call us now and get an instant, engagement free, personalized consultation with one of our professionals to help you make the perfect decision based on your own wishes.
You can also schedule a free virtual video consultation, in order to get a better rendering of the different engagement rings available.