Valentine’s Day Special
The year’s most romantic day is just around the corner.
Give your special someone the gift of sparkle.
Don’t wait, shop our selection of stunning jewelry now and save up to 70% off.
Moissanite Solitaire Engagement Rings In Portland, OR
Are you thinking about getting a moissanite solitaire engagement ring? Venazia provides the finest selection of engagement rings in Oregon to choose from.
Venazia is the most famous online brand in the jewelry industry for fine moissanite solitaire engagement rings. All our products are handcrafted in the US by the finest and most talented jewelers.
Most of our moissanite solitaire engagement rings are available either at our Portland location or ready for next day delivery from our US headquarters.
Venazia has a team of professionals ready for a one-on-one complimentary consultation in order to guide you with your decision based on your criteria.
The objective of this article is to cover the several steps which will guide you make the right pick selecting the best possible moissanite solitaire engagement ring.
Does Moissanite Make a Good Engagement Ring?
If you are considering purchasing an engagement ring in Portland, OR, you can rest assured that a moissanite solitaire engagement ring will be the perfect option.
Find out why so many people are deciding on moissanite over diamonds for an engagement ring in 2023.
What is moissanite?
Moissanite is a natural mineral called silicon carbide, discovered in 1893 in a meteor crater in Arizona by Dr. Henry Moissan.
Many years later, in a research laboratory, scientists have created the novel way to make silicon carbide crystals that are so flawless that they compete any geniune gemstone.
It's also significantly cheaper than diamonds of equivalent shapes and sizes, costing just 10% of the price. This is why moissanite is viewed as the best diamond alternative.
Click here to get more information about moissanite.
How does a diamond differ from a moissanite?
The main difference between diamonds and moissanite is how they glitter. Moissanite has a greater refractive index than diamond. Moissanite has a refractive index of 2.65 versus 2.42 for diamonds. This means it will bring you more brightness than a diamond.
You will find below a characteristic comparison table between diamonds and moissanite.
Characteristics Diamond Moissanite Brilliance Refraction Index (RI) 2.42 2.65-2.69 Fire Dispersion 0.044 0.104 Hardness Mohs Scales 10 9.5 Toughness Good to Excellent Excellent
Are moissanite rings bad taste?
Moissanite rings are not at all cheap looking. Because it has similar properties to a diamond, it will retain its brilliance, color, and clarity for a lifetime and beyond.
Does moissanite lose its glitter?
Moissanite will not lose its shine with time. It is as stable as a diamond. Consequently it is impossible for a moissanite solitaire engagement ring to lose or change the color with time.
Do moissanite rings last lifetime?
Moissanite is a gorgeous gemstone that is nearly as hard as a diamond. Moissanite, just like diamonds, will last forever.
Are moissanite rings easily chipped?
The MOH scale has a range from 0 to 10, with 10 being the hardest mineral. Moissanite has a hardness of 9.5, while diamonds have a hardness of 10. This means that moissanite is very durable and extremely resistant to scratching and abrasion.
Here is a quick guide to help you understanding the different gemstone size you can get for the same money.
Engagement Rings Price Comparison Table
|Engagement Ring Budget||Diamond Engagement Ring||Lab Grown Engagement Ring||Moissanite Engagement Ring|
|$2,000 to $4,000||0.60 Ct (5.2mm)||0.80 Ct (6.0mm)||2.00 Ct (8mm)*|
|$4,000 to $6,000*||0.80 Ct (6.0mm)||1.00 Ct (6.5mm)||4.00 Ct (10mm)*|
|$6,000 to $8,000||0.90 Ct (6.3mm)||1.25 Ct (7.0mm)*||6.00 Ct (12mm)|
|$8,000+||1.00 Ct (6.5mm)*||1.80 Ct (7.8mm)||8.00 Ct (15mm)|
|*Most popular selection in 2023|
7 Majors Pros and Cons About Moissanite Solitaire Engagement Ring
- Moissanite will provide you with a spectacular sparkle. Moissanite has an even higher refractive index than diamond (2.65 vs 2.42 for diamonds). This means it will give you more brightness than diamonds.
- Moissanite Is Comparable to Diamonds in Hardness. Moissanite is the hardest stone after diamonds (9.5 vs 10 for diamonds). This indicates moissanite is suitable for daily wear, does not break or scratch easily, and will maintain his sparkle.
- Moissanite is a fraction of the price of diamonds at comparable color, cut, and clarity. Because it is so similar to diamonds, moissanite is the perfect diamond alternative without the diamond price tag.
- Moissanite is an ethical choice compared to most diamonds. One of the most common reasons for consumers to choose moissanite over diamonds nowadays is to help in the fight against child labor and unethical diamond mining, as described by the International Labour Organization here.
- Moissanite does not offer the same heirloom quality. When you own diamond jewelry, you are passing down something valuable as a heritage.
- People may make comments thinking your moissanite solitaire engagement ring is diamond Because no one can see a difference between moissanite and diamond, people could make comments about the price and the size of your moissanite solitaire engagement ring and you may feel uncomfortable about it.
- Some old-fashion jewelers who may not feel comfortable working on your moissanite solitaire engagement ring If at some point you need to have your moissanite solitaire engagement ring adjusted or cleaned, you may bump into an old-school jeweler that would turn you down because your piece is not a diamond. This is happening less and less though, since nowadays more and more jewelers are use to work with moissanite.
How To Choose The Best Moissanite Solitaire Engagement Ring In Portland, OR, in 2023?
Picking the perfect engagement ring may be a difficult and frustrating process. However, separating the process into two phases will help you narrow down your options. It will also keep you from making frequent mistakes and strengthen your confidence in your decision.
6 Steps to Choosing A Moissanite Solitaire Engagement Ring in Portland, OR
The following steps will guide you in designing your engagement ring in Portland, OR:
Select the right gemstone shape.
The shape of the engagement ring is essential and should be selected by your partner's desires. The different shapes available for an engagement ring are:
- round brilliant
- cushion cut
- emerald cut
- pear shape
- oval cut
- princess cut
- radiant cut
- asscher cut
Click here to get more informations about the different shapes of engagement rings.
Choose the engagement ring setting in Portland, OR.
The purpose of a ring setting is to elevate the beauty of an engagement ring. Deciding the type of setting you like will help you narrow down your options and accomplish your moissanite solitaire engagement ring design.
- Prong Setting
- Pavé Setting
- Channel Setting
- Tension Setting
- Bezel Setting
- Cathedral Setting
- Bar Setting
Click here to learn more about the different existing styles and settings and what they represent.
Decide what metal type.
The two major types of metals used for an engagement ring are platinum and gold.
The difference in price between a platinum and a gold moissanite solitaire engagement ring is mostly related to the metal's purity level.
The platinum moissanite solitaire engagement ring is usually $500 to $800 more expensive than a gold moissanite solitaire engagement ring since there is more pure platinum in it. Also, it is 66% heavier than 14k gold.
Platinum has a naturally white metal with a beautiful brilliance that accentuates the brilliance and shine of diamonds or diamond alternatives.
24 Karat gold is 100 % pure gold. It is, however, too soft to be used in most jewelry. As a result, gold is mixed with other alloys to make it more durable and secure for gemstone settings, such as 18 karat gold (75 % pure gold) and 14 karat gold, which is the most commonly used in fine jewelry (58.3 % pure gold).
Pick the color of the metal band.
The common engagement ring colors of gold are white, yellow, and rose. White gold is the most popular choice for an engagement ring
Find out the finger size needed.
Hopefully, you already know the right finger size. If not, use one of our measurement tools. Click here to figure the finger size you need.
How to buy a moissanite solitaire engagement ring in Portland, OR?
To eliminate any mistakes while acquiring an engagement ring, you should set your own budget, select the right seller, and read carefully the return policies available.
What dollar amount should be the price of an engagement ring in Portland, OR, in 2023?
According to The Knot and other reliable sources, Americans pay an average of $6,000 on an engagement ring.
However, this number requires further explanation:
- As a rule of thumb, an engagement ring should cost you 2 to 3 months of your salary.
- Be aware that for a same dollar amount you can get very different stone size and carat weight depending of the kind of gemstone you will pick.
The best diamond alternatives:
Lab grown and especially lab created diamonds like moissanite, considered the finest alternative to a diamond, cost on average 90% less than diamonds of equivalent quality (see the 4C’s).
If you can't buy your "desire ring" right now, you should consider upgrading your engagement ring at the appropriate date. This is something your jeweler should be able to help you with.
Why is buying online a better option than buying at a brick and mortar store in 2023?
Spend less money without compromising quality: Online retailers do not have the same storefront costs as brick-and-mortar retailers, so they may pass the savings on to their customers.
Larger choice of engagement rings: Visiting several stores in person to look at a small selection of engagement rings would take longer than viewing hundreds of engagement rings styles online.
Time-saving, 24/7 shopping: When purchasing an engagement ring online, customers can save a lot of time and money. There's no need to worry about going from one jeweler to the next without knowing if you'll find what you're searching.
Virtual shopping experience:
By scheduling a Zoom or Facetime meeting, you can shop virtually from the comfort of your own home or office at any time of day, selecting the most perfect engagement ring from a largest choice.
You'll get your selection the next day. You will be protected by a risk-free purchase, free shipping, and an easy return, depending on the merchant you select.
Before buying online, make sure the seller gives: risk-free purchase; certificates; free shipping and returns
Click here to see What’s So Great About Getting Your Engagement Ring From Venazia?
The process of looking for the ideal moissanite solitaire engagement ring may be demoraling and difficult, however it may also be easier than you may think.
You are just a phone call away from getting all you need to know before finding your moissanite solitaire engagement ring.
Custom Design Your Moissanite Solitaire Engagement Rings In No Time
If you can't find the exact engagement ring that you are looking for or you have an idea in mind, then custom design your moissanite solitaire engagement ring is the way to go.
In virtually no time, our experts in Portland, OR will walk you through each stage of making your one-of-a-kind moissanite solitaire engagement ring.
Tips To Customize Your Moissanite Solitaire Engagement Ring
The process of creating a custom design engagement ring in Portland, OR is considerably easier than you might imagine. Please call us to discuss your design; we'll tell you what we'll need to make your project a reality.
Gather information and details about the custom engagement ring design:
- Put on paper a basic drawing of your idea.
- Look for sketches elements on the internet.
- Look for images that catch your eye and help to explain your desired style.
- Post your design here, we will look at it and we get back to you with our feedback.
The more specific you can be with your ideas, the more likely you are to get exactly the design you want.
4 Steps To Customize Your Moissanite Solitaire Engagement Ring in Portland, OR
Reception of your design.
Our designers will examine your design and will present you an estimate.
Creation of your desired moissanite solitaire engagement ring.
Our designers will personalize a 3D digital model and will prepare a full-color illustration, which is a picture created using computer-aided design, or CAD.
Once you receive the CAD illustration of your custom moissanite solitaire engagement ring, you will be able to give inputs and shift directions if it’s not what you expected or wanted.
Creation of your engagement ring.
Once approved, we will create a wax version of your moissanite solitaire engagement ring using 3D printers, then, your moissanite solitaire engagement ring wax will be casted into precious metal and color of your choice.
Our jewelers will prepare your moissanite solitaire engagement ring in no time.
Ask our team of experts to help you
What Shape Of Moissanite Solitaire Engagement Ring to Select?
Understanding the differences between the available shapes might help you find the appropriate moissanite engagement ring.
This is the most common shape. The round brilliant design enhances light return better than most other shapes because to its cut.
The cushion is square in shape with rounded corners. Larger faceting in the cushion cut contributes to the fire and sparkle.
The unique look of the emerald cut diamond is due to the step cuts of its pavilion and its large, open table with cascading rectangular facets.
The modified brilliant-cut pear shaped diamond has a tapering tip on one end and is a combination of a round and a marquise shape.
the oval shape is an elongated round brilliant shape having the brilliance of the round shape, creating the illusion of a larger diamond.
The princess shape is the most popular fancy diamond shape. They provide exceptional sparkle and brilliance.
The marquise shape is like an oval that comes to fine points, showing the optimal number of facets to accentuate the fire and brilliance.
The radiant cut shape is the first rectangular cut to have a complete brilliant-cut facet creating a vibrant and lively gemstone.
The asscher cut diamond is similar to the emerald cut, but in a square shape with larger step facets, a higher crown, and a smaller table.
The modified brilliant-cut heart shaped diamond is a unique and ultimate symbol of love.
Find Out About Our Engagement Rings Collection Per Shape Near Portland, OR
Please contact us for a free consultation with one of our experts to assist you in selecting the shape she will treasure.
Get A Free Consultation With One Of Our Expert In Portland, OR
Do not hesitate to contact us and get a live assistance from a jewelry expert or customer service.
Call us now and get an instant, engagement free, personalized consultation with one of our professionals to help you make the perfect decision based on your own wishes.
You can also schedule a free virtual video consultation, in order to get a better rendering of the different engagement rings available.
Moissanite Solitaire Engagement Rings Near You
- 2 Carat Moissanite Earrings
- 4 Carat Moissanite Earrings
- Custom Earrings
- Custom Moissanite Earrings
- Custom Moissanite Jewelry
- Diamond Earrings
- Diamond Earrings For Men
- Diamond Earrings For Women
- Diamond Hoops Earrings
- Diamond Stud Earrings
- Diamond Stud Earrings For Men
- Diamond Stud Earrings For Women
- Drop Earrings
- Halo Earrings
- Hoops Earrings
- moissanite Drop earrings
- Moissanite Earrings
- Moissanite Halo Earrings
- Moissanite Stud Earrings
- Moissanite Stud Earrings
- Moissanite Stud Earrings For Men
- Moissanite Stud Earrings For Women
- Stud Earrings
- Stud Earrings
- Stud Earrings
- 1 Carat Diamond Rings
- 1 Carat Solitaire Diamond Rings
- 2 Carat Moissanite Rings
- 2 Carat Solitaire Diamond Rings
- 3 Stone Engagement Rings
- Affordable Moissanite Engagement Rings
- Asscher Engagement Rings
- Asscher Moissanite Rings
- Bridal Sets
- Cushion Cut Engagement Rings
- Cushion Engagement Rings
- Cushion Moissanite Rings
- Custom Engagement Rings
- Custom Halo Rings
- Custom Jewelry
- Custom Moissanite Halo Rings
- Custom Moissanite Rings
- Custom Moissanite Side Stone Rings
- Custom Moissanite Solitaire Rings
- Custom Moissanite Three Stones Rings
- Custom Moissanite Wedding Rings
- Custom Ring Designs
- Custom Rings
- Custom Side Stone Rings
- Custom Solitaire Rings
- Custom Three Stone Rings
- Custom Wedding Rings
- Designing Rings
- Diamond Engagement Rings
- Diamond Rings
- Emerald Cut Moissanite Rings
- Emerald Engagement Rings
- Emerald Moissanite Rings
- Engagement Rings
- Engagement Rings For Women
- Engagement Rings Sets
- Halo Engagement Rings
- Halo Rings
- Hidden Halo Engagement Rings
- Marquise Engagement Rings
- Marquise Moissanite Rings
- Moissanite 3 Stone Engagement Rings
- Moissanite 3 Stone Rings
- Moissanite Bridal Rings
- Moissanite Bridal Sets
- Moissanite Cushion Rings
- Moissanite Engagement Rings
- Moissanite Engagement Rings Sets
- Moissanite Halo Engagement Rings
- Moissanite Halo Rings
- Moissanite Hidden Halo Engagement Rings
- Moissanite Rings
- Moissanite Solitaire Engagement Rings
- Moissanite Solitaire Rings
- Moissanite Three-Stone Engagement Rings
- Moissanite Three-Stone Rings
- Moissanite Vintage Engagement Rings
- Moissanite Wedding Rings
- Moissanite Wedding Sets
- Oval Engagement Rings
- Oval Moissanite Engagement Rings
- Oval Moissanite Rings
- Pear Engagement Rings
- Pear Moissanite Rings
- Pear Shaped Diamond Rings
- Pear Shaped Engagement Rings
- Pear Shaped Rings
- Princess Cut Diamond Rings
- Princess Cut Engagement Rings
- Princess Moissanite Rings
- Radiant Engagement Rings
- Radiant Moissanite Engagement Rings
- Radiant Moissanite Rings
- Rose Gold Engagement Rings
- Rose Gold Moissanite Rings
- Round Engagement Rings
- Round Moissanite Rings
- Solitaire Diamond Rings
- Solitaire Engagement Rings
- Solitaire Rings
- Square Engagement Rings
- Square Moissanite Rings
- Three Stone Engagement Rings
- Three Stone Rings
- Tiffany Style Engagement Rings
- tiffany Style Engagement Rings
- Tiffany Style Rings
- Unique Engagement Rings
- Vintage Engagement Rings
- Wedding Ring Sets
- Wedding Rings
- Wedding Rings
- Wedding Sets
- Bracelets on Sale
- Bridal Ring Sets on Sale
- Cushion Pendants on Sale
- Diamond Bracelets on Sale
- Diamond Earrings on Sale
- Diamond Necklaces on Sale
- Diamond Pendants Necklaces on Sale
- Diamond Pendants on Sale
- Diamond Rings on Sale
- Diamond Stud Earrings on Sale
- Drop Earrings on Sale
- Earrings on Sale
- Engagement Rings on Sale
- Eternity Rings on Sale
- Halo Earrings on Sale
- Halo Engagement Rings on Sale
- Halo Pendants on Sale
- Halo Rings on Sale
- Hoops Earrings on Sale
- Necklaces on Sale
- Oval Pendants on Sale
- Pear Pendants on Sale
- Pendants on Sale
- Riviera Necklaces on Sale
- Side Stone Engagement Rings on Sale
- Solitaire Rings on Sale
- Stud Earrings on Sale
- Tennis Bracelets on Sale
- Tennis Necklaces on Sale
- Three Stone Engagement Rings on Sale
- Three Stone Rings on Sale
- Tiffany Style Rings on Sale
- Wedding Bands on Sale
- Wedding Bands on Sale
- Wedding Rings on Sale
- Valentine's Day Bridal Ring Sets
- Valentine's Day Earrings
- Valentine's Day Engagement Rings
- Valentine's Day Moissanite Rings
- Valentine's Day Pendants
- Valentine's Day Solitaire Rings
- Valentine's Day Stud Earrings
- Valentine's Day Tennis Bracelets
- Valentine's Day Tennis Necklaces
- Valentine's Day Three Stone Rings
- Valentine's Day Wedding Bands